This site is a production of Curvature Media (“the Company”). We respect the intellectual property rights of others just as we expect others to respect our rights. The company is located in Canada and is not subject to the dictates of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act policy. Canada has a “Notice and Notice” Regime.
The Copyright Act grants a number of exclusive rights to the authors of original works, for example the exclusive right to reproduce their works or to communicate them to the public. These exclusive rights exist to promote the creation and distribution of Canadian content, to allow creators and innovators to receive compensation for their efforts, to create jobs and foster investment, and to ensure a thriving marketplace that offers consumers choice and access to worldwide content.
Under the “Notice-and-Notice” regime, copyright owners may send a written notice to any Canadian they suspect of infringing their copyright through an internet service provider or host. These notices must contain information such as the copyright owner’s name and address, details about the allegedly infringed work, location data to which the claimed infringement relates, and the date and time of the alleged infringement. Until recently, the Copyright Act placed no restrictions on what could otherwise be included in these notices.
Further information on Canada’s Notice and Notice regime can be found at:
Notice of Infringement – Claim
To submit a good faith infringement claim to us, you must submit the notice to us that sets forth the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner (or someone authorized to act on behalf of the owner);
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the infringing material to be removed, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material. [Please submit the URL of the page in question to assist us in identifying the allegedly offending work];
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party including your name, physical address, email address, phone number and fax number;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the use of the material is unauthorized by the copyright agent; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please send all take-down notices through our Contact page. Or send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org for prompt attention.
Please note that we may share the identity and information in any copyright infringement claim we receive with the alleged infringer. In submitting a claim, you understand accept and agree that your identity and claim may be communicated to the alleged infringer.
Counter Notification – Restoration of Material
When providing notification of a material being removed because of a copyright infringement claim, we will provide the alleged infringer with information allowing them to provide a counter notification in an effort to have the material in question restored to the site. This information is in no way intended as a recommendation of any specific course of action.
Repeat Infringer Policy
We take copyright infringement very seriously. We maintain a list of infringement notices from copyright holders and make a good faith effort to identify repeat infringers. Those that violate our internal repeat infringer policy will be unable to continue contributing to the site.
We reserve the right to modify the contents of this page and its policy for handling infringement claims at any time for any reason. You are encouraged to check back to review this policy frequently for any changes.